gadget

gadget

Thursday, March 3

Fake Gardens

I made a few resolutions at the start of this year: the same massive ones I make every year and inevitably fail at (control my diabetes better, run more road races, start budgeting), but also a new dumb goal (have more flowers in my apartment). The first three are off to an okay start; it's that last one that's sucking miserably.

My flower resolution hasn't gone well so far, mostly due to winter, but most-mostly due to me. The thought of carrying a plant home in mittened hands just seems cruel, and I already killed my Ikea succulents with too much love/water. I have a whole fleet of thrifted milk glass vases waiting to be filled with posies from Coriander Girl but they have to wait a little longer. In the meantime I'll be making these wool flowers (as seen in Sweet Paul) and tossing them all over my apartment. These were featured in the kid's issue, but I have the crafting tendencies of an 8-year-old so that's alright. I'm so sorry, Devan, in advance--our place is about to look even more like Martha Stewart's shitter.

No comments:

Post a Comment