gadget

gadget

Thursday, May 19

Hunting For: Pull-Down School Maps

I've had old school maps (literally: school maps that are old) on my radar for a while now. I love cartography in general, but these pull-down scrolls are something special. There's one hanging in the back portion of The Ossington--every trivia night I hope to get a geography question about South America so I can use the map to my advantage, but it hasn't happened yet. Pretty and functional.


(images via 1, 2)

These aren't hard-to-find treasures. I know where they're at ( The Queen West Antique Centre, for one), but they've always been out of reach, money-wise. This summer I'm making it a mission to buy one at a price that suits my post-grad budget. I have a few tricks up my sleeve: my boyfriend's step-dad, a teacher in Southwestern Ontario, is keeping tabs on schools in the area that might be closing down; I've been checking listings for school auctions out in the country; and then there's Christie. These fingers are crossed. Map: I'm gonna get you.

No comments:

Post a Comment