gadget

gadget

Monday, March 14

here's hoping

Now, more than ever, I need daylight savings time. This winter was the first that saw me work a 9 to 5 job, and it definitely won't be the last. Every day I emerged from the subway to darkness, ran on sidewalks so black I couldn't even see the ice covering them, and mostly holed up with the heat on. I have been counting down the days, desperate for the time change since January. Now we're here--the bitch has sprung forward--and my world is finally filled with hopeful things. Like sunlight during Jeopardy! Like brown grass that'll soon be green but hell at least it isn't white. Like produce that doesn't come out of a bag in the freezer. And like these, too:


This sandwich. We're still in the process of picking dates/flights/hotels, but a weekend trip to Halifax is definitely happening this year. I haven't been back to the city once since I left it, back in April of '05, so this visit is a long time coming. Will it look the way I remember it looking? Will it feel the same? Will we buy the poor man's lobster roll pictured above? At least one of those answers is a for sure thing. (image via)





These shoes. Real Swedish Hasbeens might be out of my (skinny) budget at the moment, but I'm hoping the upcoming H&M collaboration will fill that gap in my closet. It doesn't hurt that I work just two minutes away from a store and am more than prepared to take a extra-long coffee break just to elbow for a pair. See you on April 20th, shoes. (image via popbee)




This fact: it really warms my heart to know that at one time there was both a Maude Ave. and a Harold Ave. in my current neighbourhood. Love is real, and I have the map to prove it. (via junctiontriangle.ca)




This movie. I once watched it on channel 12 with no subtitles just because it's so hard to look away. It's the saddest, sweetest, most colorful French musical you could ever imagine--I love it, and I hate musicals. 


Trench coats and Catherine Deneuve and candy colors and, yes, a lot of umbrellas. There's more than enough  lovely things to cut through all the sadness. (via 1,2,3)






This song. A classic. 3 minutes and 21 seconds of spring-- it's enough, I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment