gadget

gadget

Tuesday, April 12

The Worst Ride at Disneyworld


We went to Disney World, for a day, back in February. We toured the Magic Kingdom because we couldn't afford the "park hopper" ticket option--an extra $60, on top of $80 already spent-- but we did it from top to bottom. I mean, we went on every ride, even the ones where Devan could barely fit inside the cars.

I had been to the park twice before; when I was 3 (all of my memories of this trip are skewed, full of things I made up and moments cribbed from TV shows), and again when I was 11 (during the age of the Tower of Terror). This time around, it wasn't familiar. Since when did all of the rides involve bobbing down a river, surrounded by animatronic freaks?

Admittedly, we went on the Pirates of the Caribbean late in the day, and the ride did stop halfway, leaving us stuck in our boat staring at a skeleton, but it just felt so lame. There's no way kids could be tricked by that, right?

And yet, I've been tricked by this: OPI's tie-in collection for the new POTC movie. I definitely won't be seeing this movie, but I definitely will be buying Stranger Tides, a gloomy gray green that hopefully finds its way up to Canada in May.


I'm finally at an age where nail polish excites me more than Disney World. It's official; I am old.

(images via 1, 2)

1 comment: